The following are accessible by ramped access:
- Hotel Entrance (ramp available on request)
- Bar Entrance
- Restaurant Entrance
- Lounge Entrance
The entrance dimencions are as follows:
||Width: 116 cm
Length: 244 cm
||Width: 80 cm
Length: 310 cm
All entrances and corridors are wide enough for wheelchairs, zimmer frames and pushchairs.
- The hotel has 16 lined parking spaces available for guests.
- There is a bus stop at the front of the hotel which can be used as a drop off / lay-by
- The car park is on a level surface, with a sloped surface down to reception.
- The car park is well lit at night.
- The car park is monitored by CCTV.
- There is one step into the main entrance of the hotel, approx 2" high. A ramp is available on request.
- Seating is available in an aera close to reception.
- Alternative location for check-in procedures if required.
- Fridge available for guests with medication requirements.
- A clipboard is available for guests as an alternative check-in procedure.
- The restaurant is spacious with a variety of seating arrangements.
- Menus are printed in size 16 and above. Staff will be willing to help persons to read the menu where requested.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for. Where possible, please inform the hotel in advance of your requirements.
Steps and staircases
- There are handrails on steps and staircases throughout the hotel.
- There are risers on steps and staircases throughout the ground and first floor.
- Due to listed building, a lift is not available.
- There are two ground floor bedrooms available at the rear of the hotel, which are fully adapted wheelchair accessible rooms.
- A foldaway wheelchair is also available for guests to use at their own convenience.
- Room numbers are clearly marked with raised numbers.
- Doors have level action handles.
- Good colour contrasting withing corridors, bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Cordless kettle and hot beverage tray in all rooms
- Rooms have eremote controlled colour televisions, some with teletext facility.
- Bedside lamps are provided in all rooms.
- Audible fire alarms only. Please contact reception if specific emergency arrangements are required.
- Lever action taps in accessible bathrooms.
- Shower head is height adjustable.
- Shower temperature is controlled through the use of mixer taps or thermo water controls.
- Flooring is fixed and slip resistant throughout the hotel.
- Public transport is readily available. The bus station is a two minute walk and the train station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel will be happy to arrange a taxi.
- Within the town, there is a good mobile phone reception, however within the hotel signal can be poor in certain areas.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- Smaller conferences can be held on the ground floor, subject to availability. Larger conferences are located in the first floor. The hotel does not have a lift, but will do everything possible to make it available for all guests.
Lounge / Bar
- A range of seating is available, including chairs with arms.
- Waiter / Waitress service available where required.
Plans for the future
The hotel is continually seeking to improve facilities for all guests. We welcome any comments or suggestions to improve accessibility and make your visit more pleasant.
Opening Times of the Hotel
|(Please book required time at the bar on the evening before)
(12pm on Fri/Sat)